July 14 – October 27, 2018
The PGRC Fall Marathon training program is an 18 week program for experienced runners. The Marine Corps Marathon (MCM) is the target race. You can training for other late October or November marathons. This program does not give you entry into the MCM or any other race.
This program is not intended for new runners. By the start of the program on July 14, runners should have a base weekly mileage of at least 20 miles including a long run of at least 10 miles. Combinations of run/walks are great to use during pre-training because they ease your body into the exercise and minimize the chance of experiencing a running injury.
Participants are encourage to complete four workouts per week. Key workouts will include Saturday long runs and Tuesday and Thursday club runs:
- Tuesday: 6:45pm, PGRC Track night at University of Maryland Kehoe Track
- Thurdsay: 6:45pm at Wells Ice Rink in College Park.
- Saturday: 7:00am on July 14th at the Bowie behind the IHOP (15470 Annapolis Rd, Bowie, MD 20715). 5:30am all other Saturdays.
NOTE: Saturday’s run locations may vary from Bowie Giant to Glenn Dale Splash Park. The first training location may take place at the Glenn Dale Splash Park but that will be confirmed the week before we begin training.
Program Participants must:
- be able to run at least 10 miles and have a base weekly mileage of 20 or more miles,
- be at least 18 years old,
- be have an active PGRC Club membership status, and
- volunteer at one club event.
Active PGRC club membership. If you are not a member, you will be prompted to join PGRC during registration.
REQUIRED SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
- Hydration pack for Saturday long runs